Shaving or lining while on Minox | Forum

advertisement

Topic location: Forum home » Beard Forums » Minoxidil Beard
Toladapo
Toladapo Dec 24 '17
Hey guys, back again. I’ve attached a photo of my beard to show just how much it can grow without minox. This is the chin strap I was referring to in my earlier post. (Which was about 4 weeks of growth). The attached pic is about a year of natural growth. My question is since I’m starting to get more coverage on my cheeks (without minox) I’m reluctant to line it up with my haircut. Is this ok? Does it affect how much gains you “notice”? Still only a week into my journey.
edited by Toladapo Dec 24 '17
0 0 0
DrewBT
DrewBT Dec 24 '17
Shaving will not affect gains as long as you keep using minoxidil consistently until hairs are terminal and complete. I personally think shaving is better for the journey, especially early on, considering that more is absorbed.
But for some reason, most people always want to grow beards as soon as they start this journey, despite the fact that the new vellus hairs don't come until typically 3 months in. But hey, to each their own.
edited by DrewBT Dec 24 '17
1 0 +1
Toladapo
Toladapo Dec 24 '17
Great. Thanks for the input
0 0 0
abhyuday4khare
abhyuday4khare Dec 25 '17
i have a problem , i have been using minoxidil from last 5 months ,on my right side face beard is a bit thicker as compared to the left side .

before using minoxidil i was having small amount hair on the right hand side and i use to shave it of using a blade

should i shave the left hand side also ? will it make the left side beard harsh? or its just a myth? 

edited by abhyuday4khare Dec 25 '17
0 0 0
Toladapo
Toladapo Dec 25 '17
Yeah that’s a myth bro, think of it this way. Hair grows into a point, so naturally if you shave you are shaving the tips of your hair follicles, which are thinner than the root of the hair. So it only “looks” thicker. Doesn’t really stimulate growth in places you didn’t have hair before. How’s your beard journey going so far? I’m on week 2 but I had facial hair before I started but patchy.
0 0 0
abhyuday4khare
abhyuday4khare Dec 27 '17
this is my 5 months journey 
3 0 +3
Toladapo
Toladapo Dec 28 '17
Damn man! That’s crazy, keep it going.
1 0 +1
Toladapo
Toladapo Dec 28 '17
Do you Derma Roll?