Peppermint vs minoxidil | Forum

advertisement

Cemmos Team
Cemmos Sep 12 '17
Quote from michaelb
how do you even make 3%-5% PEO? i was looking all over the google to find some information about it.

there are only normal PEO. can someone explain?

This article uses jojoba+PEO as an example, along with a chart: https://www.beardprofile.com/articles/article/30/how-to-mix-your-own-beard-oils
edited by Cemmos Sep 12 '17
2 0 +2
AngryBeardCompany
AngryBeardCompany Sep 12 '17
The percentage pertains to dilution. depending on the size of the bottle of oil you want it to be between 3-5% Essential oil and the rest carrier.
Quote from michaelb how do you even make 3%-5% PEO? i was looking all over the google to find some information about it.

1 0 +1
michaelb
michaelb Sep 13 '17

Quote from Cemmos
Quote from michaelb
how do you even make 3%-5% PEO? i was looking all over the google to find some information about it.

This article uses jojoba+PEO as an example, along with a chart: https://www.beardprofile.com/articles/article/30/how-to-mix-your-own-beard-oils
Thanks man! The article was really helpfull!  Im gonna try this
1 0 +1
BeardTest
BeardTest Oct 21 '17
SO, anyone using jojoba + pepermint? How is it working for you?
0 0 0
jamo
jamo Oct 21 '17
Look up miguelo's posts earlier, his progress on Minoxidil compared to PEO was enough for me to hop on the former straight away without even trying "natural stuff" first. Shame that for some reason he stopped updating his tumblr page. 
0 0 0
BeardTest
BeardTest Oct 22 '17
Yeah, I have seen miguelo's post but it does not help much.

He used 3% PEO and not 5% and also he did not say how often he used it, if he used dermaroller with it, if he used some suplements etc.

PEO in that study worked better then 3% minox. So progress should be slower compared to using 5% minox.

Also you have people that used minox for a year and they say they got no results.

0 0 0
jamo
jamo Oct 22 '17
Agreed, but if powerful "drug" is hit and miss, then it probably should tell something about PEO. Study doesn't test 5% and you can't simply suggest it would provide the same results as 3% comparison. And on humans, not rats. If I understood correctly, PEO is supposed to work the same way as Minoxidil (as vasodilator), so if in the particular case Minox doesn't work I don't see reasons why PEO would?

To be honest, it is better to try stuff yourself as everyone reacts differently. PEO is basically harmless (if no allergies are involved) so I don't see the reason why not. 

0 0 0
sickbeard
sickbeard Nov 11 '17

Quote from michaelb how do you even make 3%-5% PEO? i was looking all over the google to find some information about it.

https:///...-your-own-beard-oils

6 drops essential to 15ml carrier = 2%
9 drops essential to 15ml carrier = 3%

15 drops essential to 15ml carrier = 5%

0 0 0
Red
Red Jan 24 '18
Im 31 years old and I went for the 5% kirklands foam and started out with once a day for 2 weeks and unfortuanatly im one of the unlucky ones that got sides (heart pulp and felt bit tired and dizzy) so I stopped now,  im one and half months into 5% peppermint oil with organic castor carrier 2 times a day and its great I have vellus coming in on my cheeks getting quite long now where I had baby bald face patches, and no sides
1 0 +1
murshed
murshed Mar 18 '18

Hellow, I'm 29, N I don't want to use mxd, as I hv some depression issues n I also need to concentrate a lot in my work. I hv read a lot on peppermint oil but I've found none who has used only PEO. Actually those who hv used it haven't keept us updated regularly.  So I hv decided to give PEO a try myself from next week. My plan: Pure castor oil mixed with peppermint oil (now brand) 3/4%. And please anyone of u tell me ur experience... I'll keep u guyz updated.

edited by murshed Mar 18 '18
0 0 0
nickosborne90
nickosborne90 Mar 27 '18

Red and Murshed, how are you guys getting on? 

I'm about to start on exactly the same path with PEO. Don't want to use MXD and risk wrinkles so this sounds like a safer option to me. In theory I see no reason why you couldn't reach the same results as using MDX, there's just a lack of people that have tried this and spoken about it for us to know

0 0 0
SuperBart
SuperBart Mar 30 '18

i recently started with jojoba and castor oil on a 3:1 ratio. With 4% peppermint oil and 1-2% patchouli and cedar. Smells amazing and the cooling effect is clearly notable. I massage the solution for a few minutes into the patchy areas (cheeks, especially left side).

From pure castor oil i get pimples and the thick greasy consistency is a pain. However, the new formula is excelent and absorbs quickly.

0 0 0
Vixo
Vixo Apr 20 '18

I mixed 5 ml peppermint essential oil with 95 ml JBCO (extra dark).

It's very strong? When I apply it to my beard, my eyes starts tearing up and my nose gets a little runny. Lasts for 1½ hour or so. Is it normal? Will I adapt?

I've smelled ammonia and my eyes and nose reacts the same way. I must be really sensitive.

__

Peppermint and minoxidil stacks, right? It's worth combining?

0 0 0
Cemmos Team
Cemmos Apr 20 '18

Yes, 5% is supposed to be potent. In my article I write that it's the maximum that should be used (which doesn't mean best, it just means it's the most). And I don't know what you mean by whether they stack or not. They shouldn't be applied together, the JBCO should be applied as a moisturizer when minox isn't on.

People get used to it easily, but some are more sensitive than others. Just mix more JBCO in if you can't handle it.

0 0 0
veni
veni Aug 9 '18

So guys what's your updates about using a carrier oil + peppermint oil ?

I'm going to do my own mix tomorrow with JBCO (extra dark) + peppermint (I guess 3%). Is that good ?

0 0 0
BoroBoro
BoroBoro Aug 18 '18

Veni, 3% is a bit little in my oppinion. I have been on a 5% Jojoba Peppermint mix for 38 days as of this reply. Im even thinking about increasing to 7% when I run out of the 5%. My facial hair grows faster and I believe I see more Vellus hairs, and some terminal hairs, emerging as of now, cant say to a 100 if its due to the oil or not, I want to see more gainz within the comming weeks to be sure. 

0 0 0
veni
veni Aug 19 '18

Yeah finally I went with 5% directly. I'm only one week into it, I try to apply it twice per day. I'll come back here to report. 

Also going to buy a derma roller.

I definitely have some light transitional hairs that are in this state since a 2 years at least. So I hope my experiment can eventually accelerate the process. I have a decent beard (whole face is covered) with one patch that's bothering me (hopefully it's my neck) and I wish my soul patch area was way fuller.

I wish the others guys testing it could report too;) I think the natural way won't work for everybody but it might work for some who maybe just need a little help. 

I really don't want to go through the sides effects of minoxidil.

0 0 0
xavo
xavo Aug 30 '18
Hello, I'm starting my journey with a mix of peppermint oil (3%) + jojoba oil(70%) castor oil(25%) would that mix be ok? But I'm not sure how much of that mix should I put on my cheeks daily. Can anyone please tell me how much are you using? I'll be posting my results.
0 0 0
veni
veni Aug 31 '18

Hi xavo

Your mix looks good. You could also do a mix of 5% peppermint oil. That's what I did because I didn't feel like the peppermint was that much potent for me. 

Personally I use it twice a day. Once in the morning and once during the evening, which I leave in for the night. 

You don't need to put too much, you don't want to look too shiny because of the oil. Just massage it in and you will feel the cooling effect. 

0 0 0
EarMachine
EarMachine Dec 21 '18

I apologize for reviving this topic. But I plan to make a jbco extra dark and peppermint oil 5% mix.

My question is, I've been using Kirkland minox foam for 2 months with excellent results and no side effects, would this new mix be okay to use in between minox applications?

Because of the jbco would it still be recommended to leave on 40 mins to 2 hrs?

Thanks

-EM

( Cemmos )

0 0 0
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
Amazon International Links — Beard Equipment:
United States · Canada · Germany · United Kingdom · France · Italy · Spain

Search Beard Profile