Mustache | Forum

advertisement

Topic location: Forum home » Beard Forums » Beard Discussions
gsmith28
gsmith28 May 25 '17
I just visited my barber and I had some stray mustache hairs I wanted him to trim off. He took it as I wanted a full trim and now my mustache is shorter and a little uneven in length on the right side. Should I trim down further to get the hairs even again or just let it grow out again? It's not a great picture to demonstrate but the right is just a little bit shorter and thicker now.
Attachments:
  IMG_0529.JPG (1771Kb)
0 0 0
Tsm503
Tsm503 May 25 '17
To be honest, I think your over analyzing it. I can't see a difference. Looks good to me. But I wouldn't go to the same barber if he is not doing what you want. Your barber should be asking a lot of questions and talking you through the trimming process .

I'd just let it grow back out, trimming more never solves anything, it just makes it worse
edited by Tsm503 May 25 '17
2 0 +2
gsmith28
gsmith28 May 25 '17
Yea I probably am, yea I've been thinking about switching here lately. Alright didn't know if I should shave down to have it grow evenly cuz it is slightly shorter on one side, but like you said it more than likely won't make a difference and better than almost starting over. Thanks for the input much appreciated!
edited by gsmith28 May 25 '17
0 0 0
Tsm503
Tsm503 May 25 '17
Yeah dont shave it off! Give it a week or two and you won't even remember it was uneven.
0 0 0
gsmith28
gsmith28 May 25 '17
Will do, thanks!
0 0 0
Horsfield2001
Horsfield2001 May 25 '17
I must admit I REALLY had to look to see the 1/16" difference in the right side. If you hadn't have asked I wouldn't have noticed. Honestly no one else will notice either especially in a couple weeks. I say leave it be. If you tried to trim up the left you run the risk of cutting too much and your mustache will unravel like a cheap sweater.
0 0 0
FastForwardBeard
FastForwardBeard May 26 '17
Yeah, I couldn't tell either. Ha. We're our own worst critics, huh.
0 0 0
gsmith28
gsmith28 May 31 '17
Yea I'm leaving it alone thanks for the responses. And we definitely are our own worst critics.
1 0 +1
Stevebrock
Stevebrock Sep 6 '18
Shave it off.
0 0 0
beardplans
beardplans Apr 26

Peter the Great encouraged cleanshaveness and for those who didn’t comply, he taxed them 100 rubles a year for a medallion. This medallion served as a license to wear a beard. Although the principal at hand wasn’t about merely money.. His inscription on the beard license read, “The beard is a useless burden.”

0 0 0
Amazon International Links — Beard Equipment:
United States · Canada · Germany · United Kingdom · France · Italy · Spain

Search Beard Profile