Minoxidil Beard irritation! (Foam) | Forum

advertisement

Topic location: Forum home » Beard Forums » Minoxidil Beard
Amjadkhan17
Amjadkhan17 Sep 7 '19
So i was two months into my minox journey using liquid, an my itch got really bad so one night I literally scratched my beard n face like crazy and like a dummy, shortly after put minox on my face which burned. Anyway next morning after my shower i put minox on an my face for the next week or so was extremely dry and red, irritated & puffy. I switched to foam an it took maybe two applications and my face was back to normal again! I thought wow i can continue my journey uninterrupted. Until now...

About a week and half ago i started getting irritation on the areas i was applying(foam) So i slowly cut back and used more and more moisturizer and it took about 3 days of no minox for the area to clear up. However in this time i still used minix foam on my weak areas like connectors and chin. An its getting really red & irritated. I do moisturize so im not sure what i can do without having to stop. Iv come so far its over 3 months now an i would hate to have to stop. Any suggestions?! I have attached some photos from last night.
0 0 0
Joe12345
Joe12345 Sep 26 '19
Hi Amjad,

It does look a little aggravated, but doesn’t look too bad to me? Are you still itching it?

Does the foam continue to make it dry or was your skin dry before using Minox?

Cheers

Joe
0 0 0
Amjadkhan17
Amjadkhan17 Sep 30 '19
So i started using hydrocortisone and that helped tremendously, it doesnt really itch most
Of the time but there are times it gets itchy but i try not to scratch.

The foam doesnt really dry anymore but i am also moisturizing constantly. I just have to be really cautions on use, i only use it 4 hours twice a day then wash it off an sleep with a clean face. If i leave it overnight the redness starts to come back which i been fighting back with hydrocortisone.
0 0 0
Amazon International Links — Beard Equipment:
United States · Canada · Germany · United Kingdom · France · Italy · Spain

Search Beard Profile