Jogging | Forum

advertisement

Topic location: Forum home » Lifestyle » Health and Fitness
Jonzz
Jonzz Jan 27 '16
Does anyone here jog to keep themselves in shape? I think it is one of the best workouts that you can do. And the best thing is, you can do it at your leisure, any time of the day. Also, it is free.
0 0 0
conrado
conrado Feb 1 '16
I used to run, but my knees got really messed up. As in they started locking out, preventing me from walking for days at a time. Bad news. Years of running on pavement and with heavy equipment on my back didn't help. 

I healed for about six months, then I started biking. It's so much better on your joints! Of course, I got into mountain biking, not road bikes, so my joints still take hits and I crash into things a lot. I guess I can't win either way. 

0 0 0
DerrickPerkins
DerrickPerkins Mar 10 '17
Yes, walking and jogging is the best exercise which not only helps to improve health but also relieve joint pain. Last year my brother was also dealing with knee pain after completing his workout. He had consulted with the physical therapist as the doctor said that using warm water therapy can relieve your joint pain. So, on the suggestion of the doctor I had installed a walk-in bathtub by the walk in tub Renton team because these tubs supply hydrotherapy features which work by increasing blood flow to help the painful tissue, makes stiff joints feel at ease. After few months he had again started his workout.
0 0 0
AngryBeardCompany
AngryBeardCompany Mar 17 '17
I'm with Conrado. When you are in the military, especially as a bucket head your joints get destroyed...not painful...destroyed. Running and hiking under combat load will make it nearly impossible to run. I'm 40 and I have arthritis in my Back, Hips, and Shoulders. Running would be almost unbearable for me. I do Power Yoga 3-4 times a week. No pain and still lost a ton of weight in 30min a day.
Quote from conrado I used to run, but my knees got really messed up. As in they started locking out, preventing me from walking for days at a time. Bad news. Years of running on pavement and with heavy equipment on my back didn't help. 

I healed for about six months, then I started biking. It's so much better on your joints! Of course, I got into mountain biking, not road bikes, so my joints still take hits and I crash into things a lot. I guess I can't win either way. 

edited by AngryBeardCompany Mar 17 '17
0 0 0
AeroRoad
AeroRoad Dec 31 '17
Was a runner for many many years. Finally my IT bands said no more. Took up competitive cycling and never looked back. I get the urge to run once in while... And when I do.... I pay for it dearly. 
edited by AeroRoad Jan 1
1 0 +1
Latti
Latti Apr 12

Yes, I do. I am jogging every day at the morning. It takes 40 minutes. It helps keep my fit and feel myself stronger!

0 0 0
madsklzz5
madsklzz5 Aug 15

Don't jog on a concrete side walk stay on the asphalt.

The asphalt is way better for your knees

0 0 0
Amazon International Links — Beard Equipment:
United States · Canada · Germany · United Kingdom · France · Italy · Spain

Search Beard Profile