Cheap glasses | Forum

advertisement

Topic location: Forum home » Lifestyle » Fashion & Men's Wear
JPoms
JPoms Feb 1 '16
I go through prescription glasses like crazy. I either break them or I lose them, and if they have even minor scratches I want them replaced...which usually means a pair doesn't last longer than a few months. 

I used to buy the department store frames, but I got sick of paying $300+ for glasses just to have to replace them in six months or less. So I tried out EyeBuyDirect.com (and one called Goggles4U, but haven't actually ordered from them.) Now, I'll admit the frames aren't designer, but I can order three pairs at a time for about $40 an order! Now I have six pairs of glasses I've never worn (backups) and several that I rotate through. 

I highly recommend them. If anyone else has tried Goggles4U or a different cheap eyeglass retailer, let me know. I'm curious to see what other styles I can try. 

1 0 +1
conrado
conrado Feb 1 '16
I thought about ordering from one of those online places once, but it's just too hard to buy glasses without seeing them on. I know they have the thing where you can take a picture of your face and do the "virtual tryout", but that didn't cut it for me.

How many of those glasses aren't you wearing because they ended up not fitting or looking stupid? lol

1 0 +1
JPoms
JPoms Feb 1 '16

How many of those glasses aren't you wearing because they ended up not fitting or looking stupid? lol

Well, to be honest, about three of them. Some ended up being too big, so I'm keeping them around for emergencies/TEOTWAWKI. I'd say that I've lucked out and 80% of the ones I've bought were great. Not a bad hit rate for the price....
0 0 0
Darthmaul
Darthmaul Feb 14 '16
80% definitely is a pretty great success rate! I actually keep pretty good track of my pair of glasses. I really need them to see small things(reading the board from my seat in class, working on a paper, etc.), and they also used to be a necessity when I was a musician. So I tend to keep them in a pretty safe place, and I've kept the same pair pretty well for the last 2 years. I used to lose them a lot, but now that I have needed them so much more I keep them close at hand
0 0 0
Junior
Junior Feb 25 '16
I misplace my glasses to, but they're just the standard readers you buy at places like Walgreen's. I buy maybe 4 pairs a year so I'm not really out $ that much.
0 0 0
Tigger
Tigger Feb 26 '16
My eyes aren't that bad (yet) and I was sick of paying the high prices for frames, so, like Junior, I went back to buying the cheap reading glasses from the drug store. At these prices, though, I may just go get a new prescription and order some real glasses! I don't need anything fancy, but even the Walmart Vision Center prices were over $300 before all was said and done.
0 0 0
DChris
DChris Jul 9

okay yeah if you losing them that often, I think you should have a cheap regular glasses and a designer glasses for events... I like to try glasses by literally wearing, I would suggest the same either of them :)

0 0 0
Amazon International Links — Beard Equipment:
United States · Canada · Germany · United Kingdom · France · Italy · Spain

Search Beard Profile