Anyone Mixing Lately? | Forum

advertisement

AngryBeardCompany
AngryBeardCompany Jul 29 '16
Do you mix your own oils, balms and beard washes? Do you have a mixture you swear by? What is it? Lets share recipies!
0 0 0
WilleZaan
WilleZaan Aug 4 '16
sweat orange with some cedarwood and jojoba as carrier
1 0 +1
AngryBeardCompany
AngryBeardCompany Aug 4 '16
Nice Bro! Lately ive been mixing alot of vanilla. I made a killer Coffee, Vanilla & Cinnamon mix in Castor, Grapeseed, and Argan. Really nice. I also made Beard Wash out of Sweet Orange, and Vanilla....its a stunner.

Quote from WilleZaan sweat orange with some cedarwood and jojoba as carrier

edited by AngryBeardCompany Aug 18 '16
1 0 +1
WilleZaan
WilleZaan Aug 5 '16
Howzit

Sounds like a potent mix, Ill give it a go.

My wife prefers that nice oak, wisky type smell on my beard so I'm trying to see if I cant get some essential oil with that nice son baked lumber smell. Unforntunatly in South Africa we do not have a wide variety of essential oils so mixing is limited to what we have . Sucks. I have been running coconut as a carrier lately and it has made my beard growth a lot softer and more bushy in a short span of time.

Regards

1 0 +1
AngryBeardCompany
AngryBeardCompany Aug 5 '16
It is strong. I'm a cigar guy (which my wife hates) so yesterday I got a pipe tobacco extract and mixed it with cinnamon and vanilla. Very awesome. If she likes the real out doorsy stuff see if you can pick up Atlantic Cedarwood, Black Pepper, and Oakmoss. Awesome combination.
Quote from WilleZaan Howzit

Sounds like a potent mix, Ill give it a go.

My wife prefers that nice oak, wisky type smell on my beard so I'm trying to see if I cant get some essential oil with that nice son baked lumber smell. Unforntunatly in South Africa we do not have a wide variety of essential oils so mixing is limited to what we have . Sucks. I have been running coconut as a carrier lately and it has made my beard growth a lot softer and more bushy in a short span of time.

Regards

0 0 0
Jet327
Jet327 Jul 5 '17
Where did you get the pipe tobacco extract?  I was going to make my own, but I started reading up on it, and they said the oil could possibly pick up the Nicotine if I tried to infuse my own oil.  From what I read, that is a pretty damn dangerous idea.  Also ruined my idea for a Bourbon Cigar Balm :(
0 0 0
AngryBeardCompany
AngryBeardCompany Jul 6 '17
There are a couple out there but I made my own and had it sent to a lab to have the nicotine removed. Worked out nicely but its rather expensive. Made 5 gallons of tobacco oil and it cost me just under $1600 to have a lab rat clean it. Stuff is expensive but worth it.

0 0 0
Jet327
Jet327 Jul 9 '17
Holy hell, well then guess I will just keep my eyes out for a good Pipe Tobacco oil premix.  I looked into infusing my own, but saw some articles on how the nicotine can make you sick if absorbed through the skin.  Sucks cause I have a killer Cherry one I smoke, and I wanted to experiment with a Bourbon Cigar oil or balm.  I did see one about soaking Jack Daniels wood smoking chips (for smoking meats) in a carrier to get an Oaky/Whiskey smell.  Its only been sitting for one day, so I don't know if it's going to work or not.
0 0 0
AngryBeardCompany
AngryBeardCompany Jul 10 '17
on Average for woods and barks to actually work it takes about 3 weeks at the minimum. Give it time let it soak and move on to a new project. I always tape the date I started a soak on the lid so I know how much time it has been there.
0 0 0
Jet327
Jet327 Jul 11 '17
Glad you said that.  When I read it, they said 1 week, but 3 weeks seems like a more reasonable time frame.
0 0 0
BeardedCrow
BeardedCrow Aug 1 '18

Currently playing with a blend of sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, sunflower oil, jojoba oil, and castor oil. My main mix uses the EO blend called Medieval Mix from Aura Cacia. Also known as "thieves oil", Its a blend of sweet orange, lavender, lemon, rosemary, red thyme, tea tree and eucalyptus.  From what ive learned, that particular blend is based off the story of four thieves during the 15th century plague who used herbs like rosemary and thyme and orange to protect them from the plague when they robbed people dying from the disease(some say clove and cinnamon as well tho I don't use them at the moment in this beard oil.) The EO benefits of this blend are good at warding off the flu and viruses and since I work in retail, I'd like to not catch anything from my customers. All that b.s. aside, it smells great and keeps my beard clean. I use this almost everyday, but my next project is a bug repellant beard oil and I'd like to try making my own shampoo for my scalp as well.

0 0 0
Jet327
Jet327 Sep 25 '18

I did do a bug repellent one myself, but never got around to trying it.  Basically, just Eucalyptus and I think Lemon Grass are natural repellents. I did a Orange, Lavender, and Spearmint last week...not too shabby.  Kinda growing on me.  I want to try an Amber one.  I have a Suavecito one that has Amber and holy hell is it great.  I just don't like their consistency.  AngryBeardCompany  still has the best damn consistency for my bushy beard to straighten out.

1 0 +1
Amazon International Links — Beard Equipment:
United States · Canada · Germany · United Kingdom · France · Italy · Spain

Search Beard Profile